Robert Lands Partner: Head of Intellectual Property
Follow me on:
Robert specialises in intellectual property (advisory, commercial and contentious) and related media work including data protection, advertising and sales promotion.
Robert has a particular interest in entertainment and convergence (between traditionally separate industries in relation to the delivery of electronic content, be it film, TV, publishing, gambling or other multimedia), and also advises a great number of brands and fashion industry clients.
Robert is a voting member of BAFTA and Chair of Pro-Action, helping visual artists in business.
He is also Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of Meritas, the global network of independent law firms.
Recent work advising
- BAFTA winning film and TV production company on content issues
- IP infringement claims on behalf of US Studio
- on endorsements for and with sportsmen and other public figures
- artists and arts bodies such as Arts Council England and the Association of Illustrators
- high street fashion brands on trade mark and design infringements, licensing, brand promotion, franchising and agency agreements
- IP aspects of media related mergers and acquisitions (eg sales of TV channels, the acquisition of a national newspaper)
Is a toxophilite (go on, Google it, you know you want to).
Return to Profiles