Jane Amphlett Partner: Employment
Follow me on:
Jane is a partner in the employment team. She specialises in all areas of employment law and partnership disputes, working closely with business leaders, including many HR Directors, to provide commercial legal input into business critical issues, such as high value or those with a reputational impact. These include discrimination prevention and litigation, strategic and Boardroom and partner appointments and terminations, redundancy and restructuring, restrictive covenants, complex grievance complaints and industrial relations issues.
Jane is an active member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association, having previously been Treasurer, and has participated in its response to legislative proposals.
- advising a media company in the restructuring of its Group and newspaper operating Boards, including the successful renegotiation of terms for some and the departure of other directors through severance agreements, with no adverse publicity
- defending a hedge fund against claims of sex discrimination and victimisation, successfully settling for a fraction of the sums claimed
- acting for a broking house in enforcing garden leave and post-termination restrictions against a team of brokers and their putative new employer. Our litigation tactics ensured that undertakings for compliance with garden leave and restrictions were secured, so protecting the business
- advising a media client project team, averting industrial action and enabling the client to renegotiate the removal of a “no compulsory redundancy” clause in its collective agreement
- advising a publishing group on the closure of a business with numerous TUPE intra-group transfers, some internationally, and collective redundancies. Successful consultation and negotiation with the unions and employees secured the business objectives of the closure within timescales required and no claims or adverse publicity
- defending a media group against Employment Tribunal proceedings in respect of employee status for casual workers/freelancers, securing a withdrawal of all claims with no compensation
- advising an equity partner of a Big 4 firm on potential race discrimination claims, devising strategy and securing highly favourable terms to compensate our client, protect him and enable him to remain within the business
- listed and non-listed companies and senior individuals negotiating and drafting Service Agreements, including complex incentive arrangements, and termination arrangements on behalf of as well as advising on corporate governance and regulatory issues
A Piscean, Jane is a champion swimmer and keen surfer.
Return to Profiles