Sue Thackeray Partner: Head of Commercial Litigation
Follow me on:
Sue is Head of Commercial Litigation within the Dispute Resolution Department. Sue has over 20 years experience in all aspects of commercial litigation for claimants and defendants, with particular expertise in:
- civil fraud involving complex, multi-jurisdictional international commercial litigation (often where criminal, restraint or regulatory proceedings co-exist) including bribery and corruption, collective investment schemes, Ponzi and advance fee fraud schemes.
- pre-emptive relief including freezing injunctions, search orders, restraint orders, civil recovery orders
- breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust (including tracing claims), insolvency litigation, directors’ duties and directors' disqualification
- sport related matters including contractual representation and dispute resolution, disciplinary and regulatory matters and IP rights enforcement
- reputation management and defamation
Sue is a member of Commercial Fraud Lawyers’ Association, Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers Association, the London Solicitors Litigation Association, the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Lawyers and the Women's Fraud Association.
Recent work advising
- a multi-million pound claim in relation to a hostile earn-out dispute on behalf of Executive Vendor
- civil fraud proceedings in many industries, including the property, construction, pharmaceutical, healthcare and pensions sectors, in claims running to many millions of pounds.
- a claim brought by liquidator involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust, secret commission, misappropriation of funds and related directors’ disqualification process
- civil and insolvency proceedings arising from a US based £280m Ponzi Scheme (subject to SEC investigation)
- a claim by international manufacturer of office consumables alleging trading with counterfeit goods
- in regulatory and disciplinary complaints in the sports arena including motorsport (including competitors and teams in karting series, Formula Renault, Formula 3, F3 Euro, Euroseries 3000, F2, GP2, Formula1 and Powerboat P1), football and athletics and also many matters involving drugs related offences
- drivers, athletes, players, managers, management companies, teams, sponsors and event/competition organisers on rules and regulations, contractual negotiations and disputes
Sue is a proud petrolhead.
Return to Profiles