Many of our clients are from the world of media, publishing, entertainment, film and theatre and we advise both individuals and organisations across many different legal disciplines.
Clients include the likes of CNN, Turner, The Old Vic, The Times, The Criterion Theatre Trust, New York Times, Washington Post, Dow Jones, Bloomberg and National Geographic, as well as major stage and television actors, directors, producers, choreographers, presenters, designers and several theatrical charities.
Our involvement with such diverse businesses over many years has given us a real affinity for them and those working in them. Clients want us alongside them because they appreciate the insight we can bring to every situation. They expect and receive authoritative advice which is always commercial, practical and specific.
We are also in tune with emerging technologies – advising clients how best to harness their potential or how best to insulate themselves from any risk.
Our services include:
- banking and finance
- entertainment (Film and TV)
- high net worth individuals
- insolvency and business recovery
- intellectual property
- libel, defamation and reputation
- dispute resolution
- media law and regulation
- real estate
Our recent experience includes advising:
- Bloomberg in challenging reporting restrictions imposed on the media in respect of employment tribunals. Such tribunals have historically been difficult for the media to access
- CNN on the differences between the US and UK copyright defences of fair use and fair dealing
- international TV corporation on the format right situation in relation to a major new television series
- a celebrity client on their role in an upcoming Pixar animated film and the associated merchandising
- Bloomberg on numerous and complex data protection issues, copyright and Freedom of Information matters